Here's a summary of the points and statistics he brought up in the presentation.
Macro, Secular Forces
- By 2025 the worldwide population will grow 20% from 6.6 to 7.6 billion.
- In India, the number of people between 20 and 50 will grow 60%.
- The same time, the number of people under 40 will decrease about 28%.
- Worldwide urban population is predicted to grow by 1 billion 2020.
- Cities are expanding by 60 million people annually. That's the equivalent of growing a Beijing every other month.
- Globalization has brought more people into the International economy especially in the middle class.
- About 20% of the world's 6.6 billion people are online.
- There are 4 billion wireless handheld devices in the world.
- Information doubles every 4 years. But digital content doubles every 18 months. Information or data that's not controlled is noise. If it's controlled, it's knowledge.
Marketing in the Cloud
- Personal: Customized engagement on a global scale
- Efficient: Accessible, sustainable services
- Social: The power of one to one, one to many, many to one, and many to many communications.
You and You Contest: Invited people to create videos of how technology is playing a part in their life. They reached a global audience in a very personal way.
- 5 million video views
- 2/3rd between the ages 13-24
- 1/3rd outside of the U.S.
- 4,000 video submissions.
- Print on demand = no waste
- Eliminates entire pieces of the supply chain
- Highly targeted advertising
- Recent partnerships with The Atlantic and Wikia
DonorsChoose.org: Social media for social investment
- HP sponsored contest where bloggers and twitters are giving to their favorite schools.
- Accelerated participation through social networks and shareable widgets.
- 4,000 donors have raised $500K that will reach 100K students.
For marketers, the cloud is the key to transforming challenges into opportunities.