Pete Krainik, CEO of The CMO Club opened today's "You're Not Alone Anymore" conference at The Lighthouse International in NYC.
Pete reassured everyone in the room that every session was designed by CMOs and that everyone presenting has been asked to do so. There's no pay to play.
The goal with The CMO Club is to create a dialogue for CMOs which is something he always felt was missing. Since the room is filled with savvy marketers, no one is going to have to suffer from marketing 101.
Pete then turned the phone over to the audience of 60. Everyone introduced themselves and announced what they were looking to get out of the conference. Here's a summary of their responses:
- In's and out's of launching a start up company.
- Networking for new marketing challenges.
- Opinions towards online media.
- Best practices for 2.0 marketing
- How is everyone else keeping up with the changes in marketing.
- Pick others' brains and to learn.
- Looking for one great idea, hopefully a few good ideas.
- What's working and what's not working when it comes to reaching consumers.
- Ideas to apply to the non profit world.
- The profession of the CMO and where it's going.
- Came for the food and muffins.
- All of the above.